In this edition, the iTravel Exclusives documented the effort by Thai authorities in arranging a grand opening ceremony for the Songkran Festival 2016. The activity, which took place ton 10 April, was aimed at not only to kick-start the year’s festivities nationwide in spectacular fashion, but to educate people, both local and visitors alike, about the history and traditions behind the centuries old festival that has since become synonymous with Thai culture and heritage.
- 8 Great things to do in Phuket away from tourist places
- Growth continues as Thailand hits visitor and revenue targets for first quarter 2017
- TAT co-host fam trip to mark THAI’s new Phuket Express service
- Songkran – top tips for enjoying Thailand’s New Year celebrations
- Thailand launches Good Host programme to raise standards of hospitality in Thai tourism
- Enjoying the Beach life – Krabi